Tuesday 26 July 2022

Christmas in July

Hello everyone……wishing you all a lovely Tuesday with lots of sunshine..... although as its Christmas in July....maybe not too much sunshine ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†



I'm back today with another Polkadoodles Design Team project for the Digi Choosday Tuesday Challenge 

๐Ÿ’–

Every Tuesday is DIGI CHOOSDAY! over at Polkadoodles which means not only a brand new crafty 'Anything goes' challenge but also that you get an amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today! 


To take advantage of the offer head over to the blog to find the discount offer for today and also to enter the challenge!

DON'T MISS IT!

๐Ÿ’–

This week the DT was asked to design a card with a Christmas theme - I have to say that making a Christmas card in temperatures of around 36C wasn't straight forward - especially having my fan on to keep me cool in my craft room - not great for using glitter ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†


Every year I say I will start my Christmas cards early but every year I put it off so this year starting in July has to be a bonus.

If you are like me I usually have loads of Christmas cards to make so I like them to be quick to make but look wonderful so for todays DT project I decided to use one of the cute pre-coloured images called 

The pre-coloured images are so easy to use, simply print out and fussy cut by hand or you can use the SVG cut file that is included with the downloadable image with your electronic cutting machine....they are also great for anyone that doesn't like colouring too.

For my project today I created a very simple easel card from a 6" x 6" card base - I have simply scored on one of the panels at 3" and then folded to create my card base.

๐Ÿ’–
I started by covering my card base in a couple of different papers from the  Winnie White Christmas Paper 3 collection, mat and layered with thin red cardstock (to keep the weight of the card down), leaving a narrow border.

I wanted my cute little bear carrying his present and card to be set in a little scene so decided to die cut 3 triangles using the same red cardstock.   I have die cut slightly smaller triangles using more of the patterned paper from the collection and inlaid these onto the triangles.  

The Seasons Greeting sentiment is a wonderful freebie that you can download from the  Polkadoodles website.   I added this to one of the papers on my computer in my graphics software before printing it out for my smallest triangle.

The largest triangle was adhered to the bottom half of my easel card, applying wet glue only to the bottom half and the 2 smaller triangles were adhered to the base of the easel using small card pop-up mechanisms so the card will fold flat for posting but the trees will pop-up when opened for display.

๐Ÿ’–
For my cute bear I have resized him on my computer before printing out a couple of times to allow me to decoupage his hat and coat for extra dimension.  I added sparkle to his hat and scarf using luxury interference glitter dust from Lisa Horton Crafts.

I created a similar pop up mechanism to sit behind my bear and adhered him to the card base in the same way.

To add some decoration to my Christmas trees I dug out some chain style gold peel off stickers from my stash and decided to colour them with a red alcohol pen to coordinate with the red cardstock.  




I added some snow to the base of the trees and around my little bears feet using wet glue and  Hunkydory Diamond Sparkle Soft Snowdrift.

You can imagine the mess I was in with all this glitter and my fan - snow and glitter everywhere ! ๐Ÿ˜…

Finally I added some sparkly red and silver clear gems to the larger tree so that when the card is folded flat it still looks decorated.


๐Ÿ’–

I hope you liked my card for today and will join us with this challenge over at the DIGI CHOOSDAY BLOG!



Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ and Feliz Navidad !


Enjoy the rest of your day !


๐Ÿ’–

Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Bella Bear delivering Christmas gifts 
Polkadoodles Sentiment - Seasons Greetings freebie
LHC Nested Triangles dies
LHC luxury interference glitter dust - Rainbow Sparkle
Hunkydory Diamond Sparkles - Soft Snowdrift
Spectrum Noir colorista pen - lipstick
Gold peel off strips
Red and silver gems
.
.
.
๐Ÿ’–
 I am entering this card in the following challenges:


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous00:43

    Lovely card and a big thumbs up to you for making a start on your Christmas cards. Thank you for sharing at TTCRD. Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much….. I’m terrible at being last minute so trying to make an effort this year x

      Delete
  2. A pretty design to your Christmas card and lovely to see you at We Love Stamping, but you mention it's a pre-coloured image which is ineligible in our rules. Maybe you can join us again?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so sorry Brenda…I will make sure that I check the rules next time xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x