Tuesday 12 July 2022

Winnie Sunshine Delight - Shopping Bliss ! with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone……wishing you all a lovely Tuesday with lots of sunshine.



I'm back today with another Polkadoodles Design Team project for the Digi Choosday Tuesday Challenge 

๐Ÿ’–

Every Tuesday is DIGI CHOOSDAY! over at Polkadoodles which means not only a brand new crafty 'Anything goes' challenge but also that you get an amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today! 


To take advantage of the offer head over to the blog to find the discount offer for today and also to enter the challenge!

DON'T MISS IT!

๐Ÿ’–

For my shopping themed project today I have started by creating a basic bridge fold card that will fit inside a standard 6" x 6" envelope.  I am going to create a box envelope for this card due to the added dimension and it's for a special birthday card.  

I have taken a piece of 8" x 6" white cardstock - I like to use 300GSM Neenah Classic Crest Solar white card to make my card bases so they are a little more sturdy.

First score the card along the 8″ side at 1″ and at 7″..... flip the cardstock over and then score again along the 8″ side at 2″ & 6″ .. this will give nice mountain and valley score lines for the card and prevent the card from cracking.  I have also cut a piece of 6″ x 1.5″ card for the bridge.

I have then used papers from the Winnie Fruit Punch Paper Heaven 5 Bundle to cover my base card and the bridge panel....I chose papers to make the card look like a dressing or changing room with designer wallpaper.  I've also added a little lace border of washi tape between the two papers.


Next I've adhered the actual bridge piece onto the decorated card base, attaching one side at a time to make it easier using a strong double sided tape.





To attach the bridge to the card, fold the left side in and then glue or fasten then fold the right side flat or open and adhere the bridge panel on the right.  This will allow the card to fold flat to fit into your envelope or box.



Then the card is ready to be decorated which I think is always the fun part of making a card!






I coloured in my focal image with my Promarkers - I chose to use Sunshine Delight Shopping Bliss - Winnie Sunshine Delights for this card.  She is also available as always in a pre-coloured version.  I wanted to colour the mermaid dress in rainbow colours and used the same set of colours for Winnie too.

To decorate my little changing room I've chosen a few embellies from the Winnie Fruit Punch bundle  which have been resized to fit my card  on my computer before printing and cutting them out with my Scan'n'Cut machine.

I found a small wooden frame in my stash which I've backed with some mirri card and coloured with a brown Wink of Stella pen to create a little mirror for the dressing room.


Just look at all that shopping on her trolley and she still wants to buy even more! 

I've used a small popup card hinge to add the display of shoes inside the little room - you can just see it peeking from behind the overloaded shopping trolley. 








The 'Hmmmm' cloud was added using an acetate hinge so it floats behind Winnies head. 
 


And finally I decided to add one of the sentiments from the bundle to the back panel of my card.  

The butterflies are taken from the same bundle too.






๐Ÿ’–

I hope you liked my card for today and will join us with this challenge over at the DIGI CHOOSDAY BLOG!



Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Winnie Sunshine Delight - Shopping Bliss 
Polkadoodles Sentiment - Winnie Fruit punch collection bundle
Promarkers - see below
Distress Inks - Tumbled glass
Wink of Stella sparkle pen - brown gold
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - white, black
Glossy accents
.
.
.
๐Ÿ’–
.
.
.
Promarkers used:

Mermaid Dress: Powder blue, Cobalt Blue, Lime Green, Lime Zest, Yellow, Sunflower, , Pumpkin, Orange, Lipstick Red, Berry Red, Pastel Pink, Carmine

Hangar: Cool Grey 1,3

Shoes: Powder Blue, Cobalt Blue, Cool Grey 1,3

Socks: Lime Green, Lime Zest

Handbag: Cobalt Blue, Powder Blue

Flowers: Sunflower, Yellow, Pumpkin, Lipstick Red, Berry Red, Pastel Pink, Carmine 

Leaves: Bright Green, Lime Green, Lime Zest

Dress: Pumpkin, Orange, Sunflower, Yellow

Skin: Ivory, Almond, Satin, Dusky Pink, Sun kissed Pink

Blush: Pale Pink, Dusky Rose

Hair: Pastel Yellow, Buttercup, Sandstone, Caramel

 
๐Ÿ’–

I am entering this card in the following challenges:











Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x


13 comments:

  1. Anonymous19:06

    Hi Wendy, thank you for sharing your card at TTCRD, A great card for any shopaholic. I must have a go at following your instructions, kind regards Jane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much im happy you like it xx

      Delete
  2. You have created a real fun stepper card and beautifully coloured, many thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping June challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. July challenge even !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, love the images and the layers. Thanks for joining TTCRD challenge. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image and layering. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun scene. Great images and so glad you shared over at Crafty Catz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just very beautiful. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x