Thursday 28 July 2022

Thinking of You with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone I hope that you are all having a lovely day.  

After a slightly cooler and overcast day here yesterday the temperature is up again set to be around 35C at the hottest part of the day around 17:00 today....so it'll be another hot night ahead too.

I managed to get a few small plants, that I've grown from cuttings in the ground this morning but its too hot now to work outside so I've just come inside to cool down before I head off to the pool for some relaxing reading and maybe a little colouring later on.


I wanted to share a beautiful 5" x 7" card that I've made using my gorgeous new stamps from Polkadoodles.  I bought the collection of stamps a few weeks ago and then my cousin brought them over for me last week in her suitcase (but shh....don't tell anyone !)





Its a beautiful collection of 
Photopolymer stamps called Blooming Blossoms and I couldn't wait to start playing with them so here is my first card of I think many.








I started this card off by stamping the main design twice onto some old book page - don't worry it was an old much loved book that I found in a charity shop here in our village. 

One image will be for my background and then the second will be coloured for my floral focal point. 

For the background piece I have torn around the edge of the text to create the panel for my card - it roughly measures 3 1/2" x 5 1/2"

Next I blended a small amount of Distress ink over the background piece around the edges and around the stamped image and then splattered Gold and Cream acrylic paint over the background for added details.  

I like to use a fan brush to splatter ink and paint as it gives a lovely effect .

Once dry this background has been layered onto a die cute panel of teal cardstock.

I used a selection of Spectrum Noir sparkle pens to colour the main stamped image and then carefully cut this out by hand.  I like to use old book pages in my designs as they add a lovely texture to the card and are great to work with even when using watercolours.



Once completely dry the card could be assembled - I chose to use a low profile foam pad with this piece just to create a little depth and added shadow. 


Some of the smaller stems were very delicate to cut out but I find it very relaxing and worth the effort.




The sentiment from the set was stamped onto the plain  edge of the page and then I've torn around the words to give a rustic feel to my card.






And finally I added small off cut circles of the matching jade card stock around the design and added glossy accents to create small glossy domes.






Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ !


Enjoy the rest of your day !


๐Ÿ’–

Card recipe:
Polkadoodles stamps - Thinking of You Blossoms
LHC Mini Slimline Collection dies - Swirling Daisy
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens - Firefly, Barn Red, Peach Tree, Pink Champagne, Pistachio, Soft Jade, Garden Green, Lichen, Clear
Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers
Acrylic Paint - Gold Metallic, Cream
Glossy Accents


๐Ÿ’–

I am entering this card in the following challenges:



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment.

Wendy x

2 comments:

  1. Elegant Edges19:14

    Fabulous. Thank you so much for the inspration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much I’m glad you like it xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x