Hello and a happy Tuesday to you all I hope that you are having a lovely week so far!
The middle of September is here and we're still having lovely weather - lots of sunshine in the day, cooler nights and refreshingly cooler mornings.
It will soon be time for our town Feria at the end of the month so I'm hoping for a few cooler days as wearing a flamenco dress in the sun will be a little uncomfortable LOL
I'm here today to let you know that a new challenge has started over on the Passion for Markers Blog.
I'm ok with cute masculine cards for boys or cheeky ones but always seem to struggle with ideas for general cards but there are loads of amazing digital stamps on the Polkadoodles website that are perfect for boys of all ages.
For my Masculine card today I decided I would make a masculine new job card using one of the digital stamps from the Graduation School Student collection.
This is Cute Boy with Pencil & Paper - he definitely looks like he's about to start a new job, with his paperwork in his hand.
The card is a Double Pop out Gatefold card and you can get the instructions for this card in Mixed Up Craft website or there is an excellent tutorial on Youtube
Basically the card is constructed from 2 pieces of cardstock to give the larger card but it still fits into a standard A7 or 5" x 7" envelope.
Each piece measures 7 3/4 x 7" scored at 2 1/2", 5", 7 1/4". after folding and burnishing, the two pieces are adhered together in the small centre strip.
Next I chose three papers from the collection and used these to layer onto the card base using a yellow card as an accent colour. I also die cut several stars in yellow card to decorate the card adding patterned papers and strip sentiments.
The image was coloured with a my promarkers and then I fussy cut him out adding foam tape to the back for dimension, before adding the little boy to the star on the centre pop out strip of the card.
When the card is closed flat you don't see the little boy, only the stars on the front, then the recipient gets a nice surprise when the card is opened up.
I decided to not add any extra bling to the card, my nod to it being a masculine card simply adding white gelly pen highlights on the image...My hubby says he prefers card with less frou-frou
I really hope that you have enjoyed my card packed with flowers today and will drop by again to see my next project and don't forget to join in with the challenge over on the Passion for Markers blog
Hasta luego 👋
Enjoy the rest of your day !
Card recipe:
Polkadoodles Digital Stamp - Graduation School Student collection - Cute Boy with Pencil & paper
Polkadoodles Digital Sentiment - Graduation School Student collection - sentiment bundle
Polkadoodles Digital Paper - Graduation School Student collection - paper bundle
Sakura gelly roll pen - white
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment.
Wendy x

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.
Wendy x