Hello everyone happy Friday - The last day of July is here and I hope you have had a great month.
I'm off to my very relaxing yoga class this morning and then we are going to Granada for the day, shopping, eating and to watch the new Spiderman film and cool off a little LOL.
I'm back today to share another cute and fun A6 card using another of the very cute creatures from the Cute Creatures collection by Lili of the Valley (LOTV). Both sets are available now from the Etsy shop
Today for my fun and colourful card I have used the gorgeous little peacock from set 1.
I resized the little peacock for a landscape A6 card printing out and colouring with my promarkers before fussy cutting out.
Next I created an embossed background panel. Ive had the peacock feather embossing folder in my stash for many many years LOL so cut a panel of white card and then inked the raised feathers with distress oxide ink before running through my cutting machine. I wanted to add a little more colour so added more green ink and passed the folder through the machine a second time. Next I used a deep blue acrylic paint and my brayer to add the dark paint over the panel, carefully applying a thin layer and building up the coverage slowly so not to fill the green feathers with pain. I love the matt texture this gives to the card.
I created a split panel landscape card, cutting the front panel of the card adding the embossed panel to the top with a strip of acetate in the middle.
The sentiment sticker was added to the acetate, so it appears to flow and the coloured peacock was adhered across the two panels.
To finish off the card I have added gold confetti, white a metallic gold gel pen and clear sparkle pen.
Hasta luego ๐
Enjoy the rest of your day !
Card recipe:
LOTV Digital stamp - Cute Creatures - set 1
LHC sentiment strip
Distress Oxide - peacock feathers
Crafters Companion embossing folder - Kimono Collection - Peacock feathers
Artis Cromatica acrylic paint - marino
Spellbinders confetti - gold
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - white, gold
crafters companion sparkle pen - clear
#lotv #liliofthevalley #weloveliliofthevalley #lotvdt
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment.
Wendy x
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.
Wendy x