Tuesday 27 September 2022

Fairy tale Princess Chloe from Pink Gem Designs

Hello everyone - its Tuesday (I think ๐Ÿ˜† !)  

I hope that you are having a good week so far - I was in our town yesterday and it's all getting very exciting as we are gearing up for our Feria which officially starts on Wednesday afternoon. 

A large marquee was being installed in the main car park and crocheted fan bunting has been installed in the main street...it's a beautiful colourful sight and there was a definitive excited thrum from visitors and locals alike everywhere I went.

Its going to be our first proper Feria for 3 years - we had a small scaled down version last year but it looks like this years is going to be wonderful and it will last for 5 days!

Lots of food, drinks, processions, dancing and music....Happy times 

Before the events start tomorrow I thought I would share a card that I've made especially for a challenge over on the Friends of Pink Gem Designs Facebook group

The challenge was to create a beautiful project using a freebie digital stamp given to all the group members and this is what I have created.


She is my little Moorish Princess which I have coloured using my Promarkers (see below) and teamed her with some beautiful papers form Craftwork Cards - I thought they were perfect and remind me of the beautiful Alhambra Palace.

The Alpujarras - where we live was one of the last areas in Spain to be inhabited by the Moors who built the Alhambra and taught the locals the Agricultural methods that are still used today....even the water channels or acequias  that we rely on for irrigation of the land were built by the Moors.

We are so lucky to live just a short drive away from this breathtaking historical palace and I thought that Chloe looked liked one of the Princesses from the Tales of the Alhambra book by Washington Irving - its a wonderfully written magical book if you haven't read it.


There is still time to join in the Challenge so why not head over to the Facebook group and become a member of the group - there are so many beautiful digital stamps in the PinkGemDesigns shop too over on Etsy


I hope that you like my card today ๐ŸŒž

Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 

Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Pink Gem Designs digital stamp - Fairy tale Princess Chloe 
Craftwork Cards papers - Flying Hight
Craftwork Cards stencil - Arabesque
Distress Ink - cracked pistachio
Crafters Companion border die
Spellbinders die
Magazine sentiment stamp
Wink of Stella pens - glitter orange
Pretty Pink Posh Confetti - gold
Sakura Gelly roll pen - white, black
.
.
.
.
.
Promarkers used :

Skin: almond, blush, oatmeal, soft peach, dusky rose

Hair: caramel, sandstone, buttercup, pastel yellow

Dress & hareem trousers: turquoise, mint green, pastel green
                                      antique pink, cocktail pink, pale pink

Shoes: turquoise, mint green, pastel green

Gems: gold, buttercup, turquoise, mint green, pastel green

Bells: gold, buttercup



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


 Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x