Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Digi Choosday - Magic is something you make - Book Cover - Magical Fantasy - Serenity Collection - with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone and happy Wednesday... I hope that you're having a great week so far and that the weather is being kind to you.  The Middle of august already and its definitely a hot year LOL



It's time for the Design Team to share some more inspiration for our current 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog. I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing Digi Choosday discount off all crafty printable downloads! 

Don't Forget that our challenges our now 4 weekly so there's loads of time for you to join in and more chances to win too!





The theme set for the DT this week by Nikky was Magical Fantasy Autumn.  

As a rule I'm a card maker, it's what I love doing to relax and keep my brain busy but I have so many cards, more than I could ever send so I wanted to create something different.

I was inspired by a lovely crafty friend and her recent projects to create myself a little art/card book and as I love all things magical I thought this would be the perfect theme for my project today and chose to use the Serenity collection.

I treated myself a few weeks ago to a disc binding punch and a few sets of discs and then began by creating the front and back covers for my little book.

    The floral papers used for the reverse of my book covers were from the Octavia Moonfly collection

I printed out the Serenity Fairy Princess digital stamp onto alcohol friendly card stock along with a couple of the sentiments from the collection, colouring her in and fussy cutting out.



My next step was to use the disc punch to create the holes in the panels ready to add the binding discs later on.

I added some pink distress ink around the edges of the panel and a little stencilling with cream acrylic paint for texture.

I then used a couple of extra papers, cutting these out and layering onto the front panel before adding the fussy cut Serenity fairy onto the cover with foam tape.

To finish off my book cover today I've added white gelly roll pen highlights, lots of sparkle, a torn strip of washi tape,  a little strip of grosgrain ribbon and scattered lottos of sparkly gems around the design as I always love a little sparkle, finally adding the discs to join the front and back covers of my book.

I'm really please with my little art book and I'm looking forward to filling it with lots of lovely pages of inspiration.



I hope that you like my project today and you'll enjoy the next that I share from Polkadoodles.




Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe: 
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Serenity Collection - Serenity Fairy Princess
Polkadoodles digital papers - Serenity Collection - Paper heaven 3 & Paper heaven 2
Polkadoodles digital papers - Octavia Moonfly Collection - Paper bundle 5
Polkadoodles digital sentiments - Serenity Collection - sentiment bundle
Polkadoodles Craft Stencil - Boho Daisy Love
Artis Decor Planner disc punch
Artis Decor Planner discs - pink hearts
Washi tape
acrylic paint - cream
Distress Ink - tattered rose
Distress Oxide ink - milled lavender 
Sequins and gems from my stash
Sakura gelly roll pen - white



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x