Monday 13 May 2024

Ocean Whispers, hugs and fishes - New Release - Aquatic Adventures with Julia McNeill Designs

Hello everyone Happy Monday I hope that you had a lovely weekend.  

It's time for me to post my next project for JMC Designs  and also my MerMay creation.  

The prompt for today from JMC Designs is 'Something Fishy !' so I've gone overboard with loads of fishy ephemera from the brand new digital collection Aquatic Adventures 

I love all these bright colours it makes such a fun design I think



I decided for my project with this new collection to make a multi- tiered Popup Box card to create another underwater scene. I thought this style would be prefect and look like lots of layers of waves in the sea.  The card is very simple to create.  I cut the card pieces to start off from a light aqua card stock.  To create the same size you need the following pieces.

For the main box panel a piece of card 9 1/2" x 6", scored at 1 3/4" & 7 3/4"

For the different tiers I cut 5 additional pieces from the same aqua card,

  • 5" x 6 1/2"
  • 4" x 6 1/2"
  • 3" x 6 1/2"
  • 2 1/2" x 6 1/2"
Each of these tier panels is scored identically at 1/4" & 6 1/4"

If you have never made one of these cards before then I would highly recommend watching one of Sam Calcott of Mixed Up Crafts YouTube videos as she explains how to assemble the card really clearly and once you understand the mechanism you can adapt the measurements to suit the card you want to create.  Here is the link to the video 



Next I printed out one of the wave style papers from the collection, I chose the Bubbled Waves paper and used this to cover the back of the card base and the tier sections. 
You don't need to cover each tier completely as they wont be visible once the card is assembled and I don't like to waste my papers.  Each strip I used was about 1 1/2" in width.


Next I printed out the pre-coloured fish ephemera from the collection and a few pieces of seaweed fussy cutting  these out.  I used a dark grey pen to cover the white edges ( great if you aren't too good at fussy cutting as it hides any mistakes! ) 

The ephemera was then adhered to the card, some flat, some with foam tape to create my underwater scene. I love the little startled fish hiding in the seaweed at the bottom, isn't he a cutie.  


The sentiments, top and bottom are also from the collection,  printed out and simply matted on the aqua card.  

I used a blue metallic pen to draw a squiggly line around them for a bit of sparkle. 

The finishing touches to the card were some white iridescent sequins around the design to add sparkle and shine, white gel pen to highlight some of the bubbles on the paper, glossy accents to the fish eyes and I've added stickles to the fish for extra sparkle.  Definitely a very fishy card !

I really hope that you like my project today and it would be lovely if you you leave me a comment and let me know what you think.




Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
JMC Designs digital collection - Aquatic Adventures 
Sugar & Spice Sequins - Under the Sea
Stickles - Star Dust
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - blue metallic, white
Glossy accents 


                      
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x