Tuesday 28 May 2024

Ocean themed picture - Coral Mermaid - Digi Choosday - Keep calm and think Beach with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday.  I hope that you have a lovely day today and that you enjoy your week ahead.





It's that time of the week when we launch a brand new 'Anything Goes' challenge over on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Blog so I hope you are going to join in and don't forget the amazing discount off all crafty printable downloads until midnight today!





The theme set for the DT this week is to create a Ocean themed project but not a square or rectangular card so as it's still May for a few more days and we are still celebrating everything MerMay I decided to make a picture instead of a card. Just a few more days to join in with the MerMay2024 celebrations across the arty world.


I decided to use one of the gorgeous mermaids from the Coral Mermaid collection, this digital stamp is Coral Mermaid on the rocks  I started off by resizing the digital stamp to suit my frame which is 5" x 7" in size and colouring her in with promarkers - don't you just love her hair ! 

Next I chose one of the papers from the collection and used this to cover the background of my picture frame - I've removed the glass that was in the frame as I like being able to touch the design.  

To add more dimension I fussy cut out some of the coral from the paper and adhered these around the design and adhered the mermaid sat on her rock using foam tape for dimension

The sentiment is from the Winnie Starfish & Sandcastles collection and I've used teal foil to add shine and sparkle with a clear sparkle pen. 

This would make a perfect gift for someone (but I might just keep it for myself !)


Finishing touches where some teal confetti around the design, clear sparkle on Corals tail and some of the coral a
nd white  gel pen highlights.  

I hope that you like my project today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles




Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Promarkers Used:

Skin:           almond, blush, oatmeal, soft peach, dusky rose

Blush:         pale pink

Hair:           orange, mango, peach

Tail:            Verdigris, pebble blue, pastel blue

Starfish:      gold, sunflower, buttercup
top

Flowers:       sunflower, poppy, lipstick red

Coral:          burnt orange, ginger, bisque

Seaweed:     petrol blue, marine, turquoise

Leaves:        pear green, lime green, lime zest

Rocks:         ice grey 00, 3, 5




Card recipe:
Polkadoodles digital stamp - Coral Mermaid collection - Coral Mermaid on Rocks
Polkadoodles digital paper - Coral Mermaid collection - paper bundle
Polkadoodles digital sentiment - Winnie Starfish & Sandcastles Collection - sentiment bundle
Minc Foil - teal
Spectrum Noir sparkle pen - clear
Spellbinders confetti - lagoon
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - white


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x