Monday 27 May 2024

Be so awesome people think you're a Myth - New Release - Aquatic Adventures with Julia McNeill Designs

Hello everyone Happy Monday I hope that you had a great weekend.  

It's time for me to post an project for JMC Designs  and also its my final MerMay project. There's still a few days left of May so plenty of time to join in with the challenge and don't forget there will be a prize awarded to someone.

 


The prompt for today from JMC Designs is 'Mythical & Magical' so I decided to create a magical scene using the pre-coloured images from the brand new digital collection Aquatic Adventures. 

Several years ago we were very lucky to be at a wedding in the Monterey Bay Aquarium California and at the time there was the most amazing jellyfish experience/exhibition with tanks full of the most amazing jellyfish and they were definitely magical with their glowing neon lights.

I started by choosing one of the papers from the collection and then resized this to fit a 5" x 7" card blank.  To give my design dimension I added a couple of jellyfish, and making them smaller to appear in the background. 


I added a third larger jellyfish towards the bottom centre of the design, to appear in the foreground and also resized the gorgeous mermaid Oceania so she would appear to sit on the bridge.  

I added a little starfish at the bottom of the image. 

Then I separated the mermaid and the larger jellyfish from the design and made an exact copy of the coral and rocks at the bottom before printing out. 


Next I fussy cut out the mermaid, the larger jellyfish and some of the coral at the bottom of the design.  

Don't worry if you're not great at fussy cutting, you can always use a dark grey or black marker pen to carefully outline the edge and no one will ever know. 

To assemble the card I adhered the background peice onto a peice of teal metallic card and then used foam squares to adhere the mermaid, jellyfish and the coral at the bottom of the panel.  

I splattered the card with a pearl silver watercolour paint and added extra metallic bubbles around the design.  

The sentiment was printed out and cut into 3 simple strips, blending a little blue ink to tone down the white of the card, before adhering to the card.


The finishing touches to the card were some teal confetti around the design, glossy accents to the bubbles in the water and white gel pen highlights.


I really hope that you like my project today and it would be lovely if you you leave me a comment and let me know what you think.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
JMC Designs digital collection - Aquatic Adventures 
Spellbinders confetti - lagoon
Distress Ink - salty ocean
Craftelier watercolour paint - gold collection - pearl silver
Sakura Gelly Roll pen -  white, clear star
glossy accents
 

                      
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x