Friday 13 January 2023

A little birdie told me with Pink Gem Designs

Hello everyone - wishing you a wonderful Friday...and a great weekend ahead.

It's been a strange few weeks here on the Olive Farm and I'm feeling exhausted - more siestas, reading and crafting is needed I think to get my energy levels back. 

You all know how much I love Owls - I have done for as long as I can remember, probably from my first encounters with Winnie the Pooh when I was very young - I still listen to Winnie the Pooh Audio books even now, when I'm having trouble sleeping.  

When I saw this new set of digital stamps I knew exactly how I was going to use them to create todays card which is featuring one of the Owls from the Busy Owls digital stamps by Pink Gem Designs. There are 7 stamps in the set, 6 owls and a really useful branch with leaves.

My Owl is called Oliver and he's very engrossed reading an adventure story all about Owls - I hope he doesn't fall asleep and then tumble off his perch !


I resized the Owl and branch to suit an A6 card and then coloured the image using my promarkers (see below) before fussy cutting out.  I used some small rub on letters from my stash to create the book title.... you could easily add this using graphics/drawing software before printing.

To create my leafy background i have used a distress ink and a new to me stencil from Polkadoodles.

I really hope that you have enjoyed my card today and will drop by again to see my next project.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Pink Gem Designs Dani Busy Owls digital stamp set
Polkadoodles Creative stencil - Great Outdoors ( Currently on Sale)
Polkadoodles digital Sentiment
Distress Ink - twisted citron
Letraset Alphas
Sakura Gelly roll pen - black, white, metallic grey




Promarkers used :

Owl
Eyes:                gold, buttercup
Beak:                mandarin, buttercup
Wings:              umber, praline, pastel beige
Breast & head:   caramel, burnt sienna, pastel beige

glasses:            amethyst, lilac, lavender
                        warm grey 2

Book:               amethyst, lilac, lavender
        
I am entering this card into the following challenges:

dis digi designs challenge Celebrate  () (0 of 3)


i love promarkers challenge (5) (1 of 3) Top 3 winner


colorful options Black/grey () unlimited

through the purple haze  colour palette () (0 of 3)


We love stamping  (49) (1 of 3)


Dragonfly Dreams  back in February () (0 of 3)





not2shabby Colour Palette  (0) (0of 3)


                

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 



 Wendy x



13 comments:

  1. This is a precious image and great coloring! Thanks for sharing with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oliver is a great name for an Owl, such happy images that always make you smile, many thanks for sharing at We Love Stamping January challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute little owl and fabulous colouring too. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very cute and the title on the book = perfect idea. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your owl perched on the branch of knowledge! Thank you for sharing your Beautifully colored creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet image, and your card is oh-so-darling! So happy I got to see your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . Thanks for the inspiration, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy this is awesome love the design and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so beautiful. I love it. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy this is totally adorable love the image and your amazing colouring thank you for joining us at WE LOVE STAMPING
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card, Thanks for sharing it with us at the LeAnn's World 101 Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful card- thank you for sharing it with us at Jans Digital stamps!!! And good luck in the random draw!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Critter Crazy challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x