Thursday 26 January 2023

Dani the Dragon with Pink Gem Designs

Hello everyone - wishing you a wonderful Thursday....I hope you are all enjoying the week so far.

I'm a very happy bunny today as we had a heater unit installed in the Craft room / Study yesterday... We had a gas heater in here before but it was a pain to lug a full gas bottle up the stairs so job done !  Hopefully no more cold fingers when I'm crafting ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Today I have 2 cards for you featuring the cute little dragon called Dani from Pink Gem Designs

I was asked by a friend here where we live, to make a pair of 60th Birthday cards for their Welsh friends back in the UK, a husband and wife and Dani sprang to mind immediately for these cards - what better than a Welsh dragon.... obviously my take on a Welsh dragon.

I decided to use Dani with Balloon for one of the cards and teamed this with some pretty daffodil paper from my crafty stash with a simple wavy stitched die cut border.  The sentiment is from my CraftArtist software printed onto the background panel.

My coloured dragon was mounted onto my card using some low profile foam and then some confetti scattered around the design to finish off.


For the second card I've used Dani with his hat with the same colourway but for my background I've created a panel based on the Welsh flag and then simply positioned my coloured Dani in the centre  of the card.  The sentiment and green textured digital paper are both from my CraftArtist software.  I decided to add the panel to the card with a simple mat layer of dark green card.


I really hope that you have enjoyed my card today and will drop by again to see my next project.



Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Pink Gem Designs Dani Dragon with Balloon stamp set
Pink Gem Designs Dani Dragon with Hat stamp set
Lawn Fawn Custom Craft Dies - Stitched Simple Wavy Borders
Digital paper and Sentiments - Craftartist 2
Sakura Gelly roll pen - black, white, metallic grey
Pretty Pink Posh Confetti - Friendship


Promarkers used :

Dani:                   burgundy, poppy, lipstick red, salmon pink

snout & tummy:   gold, sunflower, buttercup

Hat:                    forest green, bright green, leaf green
                          burgundy, poppy, lipstick red
    
Horns & spine:     gold, sunflower, buttercup

Wings:                gold, sunflower, buttercup
                          burgundy

Balloon:              salmon pink, pastel pink, pale pink

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


 Wendy x     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x