Monday 30 January 2023

Hugs Included with Last Minute Manda

Hello everyone wishing you all a very happy Monday- I hope that you are all enjoyed the weekend.

Today I have another card that I've made for Last Minute Manda using the Foxy Valentine digital stamp set.  

She is such a sweet little lady fox off to post her card filled with lots of love - I wonder who its for ?

I decided to create a scene for my card today and started by creating an inky background using distress inks pressed onto my glass mat, spraying a little water and then swiping a piece of watercolour card stock through the ink. I like to use one colour of ink at a time and use my heat tool to dry off the card between each layer. You don't need to use watercolour card for this simple technique as long as you don't use too much water but I like the texture that it has.

Its such an easy and very quick technique and creates some wonderful and unique backgrounds...perfect for my sky today.  I created the inky panel and then allowed this to dry overnight to allow the card to flatten.

Next I stamped the post box and the sentiment using stamps from Woodware onto the background panel and also onto a second peice of watercolour cardstock using Versafine ink which is perfect for watercolours.  I coloured box images using a combination of watercolour pens and distress inks and allowed each to dry.  

The second image was cut out and I used a black pen around the edge of the image to hide any white card showing.  

The hill and grass was die cut from a contrasting green card and then layered onto the background, layering up the second post box over the top of the first.  I love these stamps from Woodware as there are loads of details included in the images.

My sweet little fox was coloured with Promarkers (see below) before fussy cutting out and then adhering to my design with some low profile foam.

Don't forget if you head over to the new Last Minute Manda store use my special discount code Wendy25 to get 25% off your shopping.


I really hope that you like my card today and it would be lovely if you you leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Last Minute Manda digital stamp - Foxy Valentine
Woodware craft collection stamps - Snail Mail & Flower Envelope by Francoise Read
Distress inks - mermaid lagoon, blueprint sketch, candied apple, abandoned coral
Spectrum Aqua Pens - scarlet, crimson, burgundy
Lisa Horton Crafts dies - Set the Scene - Garden greenery
Lisa Horton Crafts Edgecutz - Essential Edges
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - black, white
black gemstone


Promarkers used :

Foxy:                sandstone, champagne
                        cinnamon, cocoa, shale
                        pale pink, champagne

Bow:                 burgundy, poppy, lipstick red
  

Dress:               amethyst, lilac, lavender
                        burgundy, poppy, lipstick red

Envelope:          ice grey 2, 1 blender
                        burgundy, poppy, lipstick red

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

colorful options Black/grey () unlimited
through the purple haze  colour palette (7) (1 of 3)
We love stamping  () (0 of 3)
Dragonfly Dreams  back on 5th February () (0 of 3)


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


 Wendy x

5 comments:

  1. A fun card, love the background and cute image.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, your "Last Minute Manda" card is darling! I've never seen her images before, so had to check out your link. They are so cute, and would certainly be fun to color. So happy I got to see your creation at Jan’s Digi Stamp Challenges . Thanks for the inspiration, and I hope to see more of your designs soon.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy Such a lovely card thanks for sharing at crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Attractive Valentine, Wendy! Thank you for sharing your delightfully sweet creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy New Year!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x