Friday 6 January 2023

Cherry Blossom Branch with Pattie's Creations

Happy Friday everyone I hope that you are all well and have recovered after the Christmas celebrations! The 3 Kings arrived here in Spain last night so today Epiphany is a time for family - it's still an important celebration here in Spain and across much of Europe too.


Today also marks the start of a new Challenge for January over on the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge blog 

The challenge runs from the first Friday of the month and its an Anything Goes challenge as long as you use a digital or stamped image in your project,  so why not join in the challenge - Winners of the challenge will receive 2 digital stamps of your choice from Pattie's shop.

Pattie has some wonderful digital stamps in her Etsy Shop pattiescreations and there is also a freebie every month on the blog that you can use in your project if you want to!


For my January project, I decided to use the Cherry Blossom Branch digital stamp. I've colored this with my promarkers to look like almond blossom (I think they look very similar).  

Very soon our garden will be filled with almond blossom and the sound of bees busy pollinating the flowers for our next crop of almonds is wonderful and definitely a magical sight each year and its a sure sign that Spring is on its way.

I decided to create a larger 5" x 7" card for today to really show off the beautiful blossom and resized the image to create the two different branches for my design.  The delicate flowers are very simply coloured with promarkers and I have fussy cut the branches before adhering to my background panel.

A very simple distress oxide ink cloudy background panel and a sentiment from Colorado Craft Company that I think is perfect for this card.

I do hope that you like my card for today and don't forget to join in with this months challenge over on the blog.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Pattie's Creations digital stamp - Cherry Blossom Branch
Colorado Craft Company sentiment stamp - Happy Day
Distress oxide ink - salty ocean
Sakura Gelly roll pen - gold
Versafine Clair ink - Twilight


Promarkers used :

Branches:          umber, burnt sienna, sandstone
  

Blossom:           baby pink, almond, ivory
                        leaf green
                        sunflower
                       
                      
 
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 


 Wendy x




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. How fabulous that you have almond trees. I love almonds. I have a pecan tree, but I hate to harvest them. The shells tear up my fingers. Maggie, DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they are so expensive to buy so great to have our own supply! There's definitely a knack to shelling nuts without too much pain xx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x