Sunday 7 May 2023

Inky Spring Butterflies with Polkadoodles

Hello everyone I hope you are having a lovely weekend and hopefully the sun is shining where you are today. 

I am here on my blog to share a Spring card that I've made for Polkadoodles using 2 sets of beautiful new photopolymer clear stamps and a fabulous leaf stencil, it's a set called Hearts and Flowers and it was so much fun to play with.  the stamps and stencil are available as a bundle or or separately.

I love playing with my inks and creating and haven't made this type of card for ages.



I'm sure you all know how much I love to upcycle, so my card today uses one of my inky mop up kitchen roll sheets. I have a sheet of kitchen roll on my desk for a few weeks and use it to wipe up any residual inks, then when it looks pretty I use it to create a card. No waste and it's free, unique and beautiful !


I started by creating the background, blending squeezed lemonade distress ink over a piece of card measuring 3 1/2" x 5 1/2".


Next I have secured the panel to my glass craft mat and positioned the stencil over the panel. 

Using Shabby shutters I have gently blended this across the stencil, being careful not to lift up the stencil.

Leaving the stencil in place I have added a small amount of forest moss distress ink to the base of the leaves.

Next I have added a little Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen in Cornflower Blue to my glass mat and added a drop of water.  I have then used a brush to splatter this sparkly ink over the panel.

The Stencil can then be removed and washed and the panel left to dry completely before being adhered to my base card, matting with a layer of black card.


Next I have adhered a piece of my inky mop up kitchen roll to some thin card, I use a basic glue stick to do this.

Set to one side to dry fully.

Once dry I have used the beautiful butterfly  from the set and stamped 3 butterflies on the sheet, in Versafine onyx black ink.

I only want 2 for this project but its a good idea to have a spare just in case.

I love the added texture that the kitchen roll adds to the images.

Once the stamped images are completely dry I have then fussy cut them out.


I decided to add a little more colour and sparkle to the butterflies using  a pink garnet and blue cornflower Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen, to tie them into the colours of ink on the kitchen roll.  I've added a little black sparkle pen to the bodies of the butterflies too.

Next, I have used the Spring sentiment stamp from the set, stamping in black ink before adding 2 butterflies to the design.

When you have fussy cut out the butterflies, if there are any pale card edges you can use a black marker to carefully cover these if you like. - I use a water based pen rather than an alcohol marker.

Finally I have scattered some black gems across the design to tie the images and the sentiment together and drawn in the antennae for the butterflies (its easier to cut this off rather than try to fussy cut out)

I hope that you like my card today and you'll enjoy the next cards I share from Polkadoodles.


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:
Polkadoodles stamp and stencil set - Hearts and Flowers
Distress Inks - picked raspberry, peacock feathers squeezed lemonade, tumbled glass 
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens - Cornflower Blue, pink Garnet, onyx black
Pretty Pink Posh gems- Midnight black
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - black




Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x