Monday 1 May 2023

May - Guest Designer - Jan's Digi Stamps Blog

Hi there everyone Happy Monday! I hope that you are all ok and having a great week ahead planned.

We had a lovely day yesterday as we were invited to our Spanish neighbours for lunch - Paella of course and lots of beer and wine - I made my latest favourite Chocolate cake to take and it went down very well I'm glad to say.

Happy Labour Day for my Spanish friends or International Worker's Day and happy May Day for everyone in the UK.

I'm super excited to tell you that I was invited to be a Guest Designer for Jan's Digi Stamps in May and I'm here to share the card that I've made for this months challenge.




There are some fabulous digital stamps in Jan Mahew's shop and I chose to use the set Alone Together.
 
The theme for the May challenge is Father's Day and as I don't make these anymore I decided to make a card that I would have sent to my Dad. He loved nothing more that sitting in his garden with a good book or snoozing under I tree so this would have been the perfect card for him. 

It's a great all round masculine design I think !


To make this 5" x 7" card I started by adding one of the lovely digital recliners from the set to a digital background.

I wanted an English country garden feel for my card and found this perfect digital background in my Polkadoodles collection from the Rose Budd collection which is an older set but perfect for the look I was going for.

I chose a digital sentiment from Lets Hang Out collection and added this to the background before printing out on Alcohol marker friendly card stock.

The recliner was coloured in with my Promarkers (see below for colours) and then I have added this to my card base matting with a layer of Kraft card.

I then used a couple of my tree and branch dies to create a tree for my scene, cutting out of Kraft card and using pens to add some shading to the branches.

Next I cut out lots of leaves from a couple of pieces of green card and again added some shading with my promarkers.

I really hope that you have enjoyed my card today and will drop by again to see my next project and don't forget to join in with the challenges over on Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge


Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !

Card recipe:
Jan's Digi Stamps - Alone Together
Polkadoodles Digital paper - Rose Budd collection
Polkadoodles digital sentiment - Lets Hang Out greeting bundle
Lisa Horton Crafts Dies - Garden Greenery
Lisa Horton Crafts Dies - Petite Petals
Crafters Companion Leaf die
Sheena Die - Autumn branches



Promarkers used :

Chair:                sandstone, caramel, umber

Cushion:            gold, mustard, buttercup

Seat:                 violet, bluebell, blue pearl

Leaves:             forest green, bright green, meadow green
Grass  



  
Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Wendy! It's BEAUTIFUL! For male or female - who wouldn't love sitting in the serene park you have created with all those tiny, colorful details in your spring tree and lush gardens. SO GORGEOUS! Thanks for guest designing at JDS this month, and for sharing your wonderful talent with us. I have become your 31st google follower!
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah that's wonderful to hear and I'm so glad you like my card xxxxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card and a loving memory of your Dad. Thanks for joining us as Guest Designer at Jan's Digi Stamps and for making such a pretty card!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh thank you so much for having me! He would have loved it xxx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card and lovely memories, Wendy.

    Great to have you as a Guest Designer with us this month.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x