Friday 3 May 2024

Bathing Beauties - Best Friends Forever with Pattie's Creations

Happy Friday everyone I hope that you are all well and have had a lovely week.

The first Friday of the month marks the start of a new Challenge for December over on the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge blog 



The challenge runs from the first Friday of the month and its an Anything Goes challenge or our theme for May is Flowers, so as long as you use a digital or stamped image in your project, why not join in the challenge.

Winners of the challenge will receive 2 digital stamps of your choice from Pattie's shop.

Pattie has some wonderful digital stamps in her Etsy Shop pattiescreations and there is also a freebie every month on the blog that you can use in your project if you want to! 


For my May project, I chose  to use the beautiful  Bathing Beauties 
digital stamp to create a simple A6 (UK size) landscape card.  Our pool is now ready for the summer and its looking very inviting - still a little too cold for me but I'm certain that JJ will be taking a dip very soon.  

Unlike last year where the season seemed to switch from Spring to Summer overnight...the temperatures are gradually increasing and its lovely to have the extra time to adjust and the few bits of rain that we've have too.  

We have already been to the beach a few times so far this year and its looking wonderful already but my favourite time has to be when its quiet and peaceful, empty even!                                                                                                  
I love to sit and listen to the waves crashing on the shoreline.  That's my inspiration for this card today.


I resized the image to suit my base card, printed it out onto alcohol marker friendly card stock before colouring with Promarkers and then fussy cutting out. Next I created my beach scene by masking off sections and using distress inks to add the clouds, then the sea and then the sand. 


I added a slightly darker ink as a shadow below where the girls are sitting.  
The waves have been created using a white gel pen and a little white gesso for a bit of texture.  I found a sweet stamp in my stash and stamped the sentiment in distress oxide ink - I wanted it to appear as though written in the sand so very pale and understated

To finish off the card I added a few simple highlights with a white gel pen. 

I do hope that you like my card for today and don't forget to join in with this months challenge over on the blog.




Hasta luego ๐Ÿ‘‹ 


Enjoy the rest of your day !


Card recipe:

Pattie's Creations digital stamp - Bathing Beauties 
Lawn Fawn Clippings Stencil - slimline cloudy
Distress Ink - broken china, scattered straw, gathered twigs, salvaged patina, salty ocean
Distress oxide - scattered straw, antique linen
Spectrum Aqua pens - desert, topaz
Pebeo Gesso - white





Promarkers used :

Skin:    
                    



Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog I would love if you could leave me a comment. 

Wendy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment it’s much appreciated.

Wendy x